RTO Mumbai East
The RTO Mumbai east includes parts of Mumbai such as Kurla, Sakinaka, Powai, Ghatkopar, Vikhroli, and Mulund. It is a body established on the basis of the provision under section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act drafted in the year 1988. the department is headed by the transport commissioner and comes under the state vehicles department of Maharashtra. The RTO Mumbai east aims to provide effective transportation system on road that is law-abiding and safe. The RTO code is MH-03.
Functions of the RTO Mumbai East
The Mumbai East RTO carry out the following functions in order to ensure that the road transport system is effective and safe. The services they render include
- Issue of driving license
- Collection of Road Tax
- Collection of IMV fees
- Issue of tourist permit for tourist vehicles
- Issue of FC or fitness certificate
- Issue of NOC or no objection certificate for the transfer of vehicles
- Registration of motor vehicles of all types that ply on the road
- Implementing and ensuring road safety measures are adhered to
- Renewal of licenses and permits
- Issuing duplicate license in case of theft, loss or damage.
- Conducting driving tests to award license.
RTO Mumbai East Office Contact Details
RTO Code: MH-03
Address: RTO Mumbai East, B-2, 3rd floor, Wadala Truck Terminal, Wadala, Mumbai East