This is a department that is headed by the deputy transport commissioner of the state of Maharashtra. The RTO Borivali, however, is established as per the provisions laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. The RTO department is entrusted with a number of duties and responsibilities with respect to road transport. They are responsible for ensuring safe road transportation. They ensure this by implementing the laws, rules, and provisions that are laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 which applies throughout India. The RTO code for Borivali is MH-47.
Functions that the RTO Borivali carry out
The functions that the Borivali RTO carry out to ensure safe road transportation include
- Issue of learner’s license
- Conducting driving tests for the issue of license
- Issue of permanent license
- Inspection of vehicles at check posts
- Collection of IMV fees
- Road tax collection
- Renewal of licenses, RC and permits
- Granting tourist vehicle permits
- Registration of transfer of ownership of vehicles
- Issuing NOC for transfer of ownership of vehicles
- Issuing duplicate driver’s license in case of loss, theft or damage.
RTO Borivali Office Contact Details
RTO Code: MH 47
Address: DY.RTO, c/o RTO Mumbai West, 111-D, Ambivali village, Newmanish nagar, Versova road, Mumbai-400053
Phone: 022- 26366957/26362252/26319821/26323315.
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org