RTO stands for Regional Transport Authority, a government agency under the Ministry of Road, transport, and Highway. This body of government is responsible for maintaining a complete database of vehicles and drivers in a state. Every state in India has its own RTO department, which is governed under Motor vehicle act of 1988. The primary responsibility of the RTO Rajasthan is the registration of vehicles and issuing the driving license.
What are the functions of RTO Rajasthan?
Every city in India has an RTO that takes care of the various motor vehicle-related activities. RTO Rajasthan is an important part of the administration in the country. The major functions of an RTO Rajasthan office are as follows:
- RTO Rajasthan major function is enforcing the rules and regulations as laid down under the motor vehicle act of 1988.
- The next function of an RTO is to issue a license to drive. The RTO must thoroughly vet the application for a license before issuing it.
- The third and major function of RTO Rajasthan is to register new vehicles. As per transport law, a new vehicle has to be registered in the RTO before driving it on the road. The registered vehicle will be given a number that has to be displayed on the vehicle for easy identification.
- The fourth function of an RTO is to maintain a database electronically or manual that provides details about drivers and vehicles registered under it. This information is necessary to know the history of a vehicle or a driver for future verification.
- The fifth and one of the essential functions of an RTO Rajasthan is issuing a certificate as to the fitness of a vehicle.
- Additionally, RTO Rajasthan has to perform secondary functions like collecting one-time road tax from new motor vehicle owners, managing permits issued to trucks, auto, and taxi, checking emission and issuing pollution certificates for vehicles.
The RTO Rajasthan is also responsible for implementing any new rules passed by the government concerning motor vehicles.
Rajasthan RTO Codes
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Bikaner||RJ07||Ramganj Mandi, Kota||RJ33|
|Sri Ganganagar||RJ13||Balotra, Barmer||RJ39|
|Kota||RJ20||Abu road, Sirohi||RJ46|
|Sawai Madhopur||RJ25||Shahpura, Bhilwara||RJ52|
Steps involved in registering a motor vehicle in Rajasthan
As mentioned earlier in the article, the primary function of RTO Rajasthan is the registration of new vehicles. A new vehicle can be registered either through the dealer you buy from or directly by visiting the RTO located in your city. Vehicle dealers usually charge for the registration of a vehicle. For registering a new vehicle you need to submit documents, which are
- A duly filled and signed application by the owner of the vehicle. The application form for vehicle registration is Form 20 to be collected at the RTO Rajasthan office
- 3 to 4 passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- A sealed and signed Sale certificate received from a vehicle dealer at the time of purchase.
- Proof of identity and address of the owner for verification purpose. Aadhar Card, ration card, Pan, voter id, rental agreement, and bank statement can be submitted for this purpose.
- Loan hypothecation form must be submitted for vehicles purchased on loan.
- Pollution under control, sales tax certificate and insurance certificate
- Finally, the original sale invoice of the vehicle should be submitted. In case you prefer to get your vehicle registered in a different state, then you need a NOC for the RTO of that state.
The person getting his vehicle registered has to personally visit RTO Rajasthan with his vehicle, supporting documents and pay the registration fee to get the vehicle registered.