RTO Himachal Pradesh
The regional transport department of Himachal Pradesh functions under the provisions of section 213 of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. The RTO Himachal Pradesh is developed for the implementation of the jurisdictions of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, Himachal Pradesh Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1972 and also to ensure the implementation of all rules framed based on this act.
The RTO Himachal Pradesh is also responsible for providing other services such as road transport and safety, issuance of vehicle permits, registration certificates, vehicle licenses, etc.
Functions of RTO Himachal Pradesh:
The RTO Himachal Pradesh is mainly involved in the following functions and duties:
- Online Driving License Applications: Issuance of vehicle driving license, duplicate and renewal license, conductor license, international driving license, etc.
- Online Registration of Vehicles: New Vehicle registration, Issuance of temporary and permanent RC, renewal of RC, duplicate RC, Transfer of Ownership, New class of vehicles registration, vehicle categorization, diplomatic vehicles, change of address in the registration card, issuance of No-Objection Certificate, endorsement of a hire purchase agreement and cancellation of a HP agreement etc.
- Online Vehicle Permits: Issuance of inside and outside Himachal Pradesh Permit, Issuance of Duplicate permit, Special Permit, Temporary Vehicle Permit, Stage Carriage Permit, Goods Carriage Permit and Contract Carriage Permit, Private Service Vehicle Permit.
- Online Tax Collection System – A Collection of different road transport and non-transport debts and special road tax, etc.
- Collection of Penalties â€“ Those who violate the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 are strictly punished with penalties.
- Taxi or Maxi permits issued by RTO Himachal Pradesh
- To make sure that the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 is being implemented.
- Collection of online token taxes.
RTO Codes of Himachal Pradesh
Q: How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Himachal Pradesh?
To get your vehicle registered with an RTO Himachal Pradesh, you have to visit the transport office located nearer to your residential area and have to submit the following documents compulsorily including Form 20. You have to pay some amount as a registration fee to RTO Himachal Pradesh. Then the officials of RTO Himachal Pradesh will look into your submitted documents and check and verify the information provided by you. Once they are satisfied with your details, they will send the RC to your given home address.
Documents Required for Vehicle registration in Himachal Pradesh:
- Duly filled Form 20, Form 21 of buyer and seller, Form 22 and Form 22A only when the body of vehicle manufactured by another
- A Valid copy of the insurance certificate.
- If the vehicle is imported from another country, need to submit a Custom Clearance Certificate
- For owning a stage vehicle or contract carriage vehicle or a transport vehicle you have to submit a Himachali certificate.
- Submit Trade certificate, which is issued to you by the automobile dealer.
- Form 60 or Income tax clearance certificate.
- Original Address proof such as ration card, PAN card, utility bills or passport
- For owning a transport vehicle, submit the permit.
- For owning a tractor or a trailer to use it for agricultural purposes, submit a Bonafide agriculture certificate issued by the Tahsildar.
Procedure for Registration of a Motor Vehicle at RTO Himachal Pradesh:
Considering Rule 80 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, the vehicle owner will get the RC after officials satisfied with your above-submitted documents. The RTO Himachal Pradesh will send the RC certificate to your communication address via post.