The transport department of Goa State was created under the jurisdiction of Section 133 A relating to Motor Vehicles Act, 1939. The biggest network of this department taking care of all the activities including the passengers and goods transport vehicle of both public and private category.Â Because of handling all these regulatory functions, the RTO Goa department acts as one of the major income earners for the exchequer of the state.Â This income source of Goa serves as the major contribution to the Goa state and thus, RTO Goa follows the strict rules and regulations based on the above law.
Functions of RTO GOA:
The RTO Goa is mainly involved in the following functions and responsibilities:
- Online vehicle registration, renewal and purchase agreement: Issuance of new original registration certificate or duplicate registration certificate of the vehicle, transfer of ownership, change of address, renewal of registration, re-registration, endorsement of a hire purchase agreement and cancellation of a hire purchase agreement.
- Online Driving License Application: Issuance of learner, permanent and duplicate license, renewal of driving license and issuance of another class of motor vehicle driving license.
- Online Vehicle Permits: Issuance of Goa and outside Goa state permits to different vehicles, special permit, cancellation of the permit and duplicate permit.
- Online NOC: Issuance of new, temporary and renewal of vehicle fitness permits or NOC within and outside Goa.
- Online Debt Payment System: Various tax collection for new different vehicles and collection of road tax.
- Driving Guidelines: Providing the necessary information about safe driving and other driving guidelines and taking care of pollution control through emission tests.
List of Cities with Transport Office Codes in Goa
Q: How to Register a Motor Vehicle in GOA?
Ans: Based on the law of Section 39 of the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, any unregistered vehicles are not allowed to be used in any public places of Goa State. When someone violates this act, necessary actions will be taken against them. So it is necessary to get registered at the RTO Goa.
Vehicle Registration Process in Goa:
To get a new vehicle registration in Goa, the new vehicle has to be presented to the RTO Goa for inspection and the vehicle owner has to submit the following documents:
- Properly filed Form 20
- Vehicle sale certificate in Form 21 issued to the buyer by a dealer of the vehicle
- Attested vehicle insurance copy along with the address proof of the applicant
- In case the vehicle purchased using the loan amount, then the vehicle owner and vehicle financer have to submit the attested copy of Form 34
- Vehicle fitness and Form 60 and 61 or PAN card. All these documents need to be submitted only if required
- New Vehicle registration fees as required by RTO Goa.
- Road tax as per the rules
Procedure for Registration of a Motor Vehicle at RTO Goa:
Based on Rule 80 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, the vehicle owner will get the new registration number after getting the verification of all the above-submitted documents. A new vehicle owner can even get the needed fancy registration number. But the additional fee amount has to be paid for getting the fancy number.