RTO West Bengal
RTO West Bengal is a government organization that has been set up to ensure that the provisions laid down in the Motor vehicles Act 1988. They enforce rules, collect taxes and work effectively to provide services like issuing driver’s licenses which ensures safe driving conditions on the road.
Functions of RTO West Bengal
The functions of the RTO West Bengal include
- Issuing of learner’s driving license as well as permanent driving license after conducting road tests
- Providing temporary and permanent registration number for the vehicles
- The RTO West Bengal is responsible for issuing duplicate driver’s license in case the driver’s license is lost, stolen or damaged.
- RTO West Bengal also issues an international driver’s license to the applicants for the same in their area.
- The RTO is responsible for issuing different types of permits to different types of stage carriers.
- The RTO is responsible for collecting road taxes.
- You need to get the fitness certificate to ascertain that the vehicle is in plying condition on the roads from the RTO West Bengal.
- The renewal for licenses as well as a change of address in the license etc has to be done by approaching the RTO West Bengal for the same.
- Issue of tourist permits, national permits, etc also is the responsibility of the RTO West Bengal.
- When you are about to sell your vehicle, the transfer of ownership has to be registered with the RTO West Bengal.
RTO Codes of West Bengal
How to register vehicles in West Bengal?
The steps that you should follow to get your vehicle registered in West Bengal include
- Visit the RTO by locating the RTO in your area online.
- You can obtain the application form for the registration of vehicles or download it from the website online
- When you visit the RTO West Bengal official website, you can also get the fee for the registration of each type of vehicle. It is different for each type of vehicle.
- Once you have got the application form that usually includes form 20,21, 22, 22A, etc. you have got to fill the application
- The next step is to ensure that you have all the documents that are required for applying for the registration as given in the list below.
- Form 20- the application filled by the applicant
- Form 21- the sale certificate from the vehicle dealer
- Form 22- roadworthiness certificate
- The motor insurance certificate that is attested
- A document for address proof that is attested
- Form 34 that is to be signed by the financier/bank as well as the owner of the vehicle in case you are buying the vehicle on loan.
- Road tax acknowledgment
- Registration fee applies for the type of vehicle you are about to register
- Details of Pan card or form 60/61 whichever is applicable
- The manufacturer and dealer invoice for the vehicle to be registered.
- The documents, the application as well as the fee to be presented in the respective counter in the RTO West Bengal in your area.
- The processing of the application would be started and it would culminate in the pencil tracing of the vehicle’s chassis number against the registration number of the vehicle in the RTO West Bengal registration register.
- The vehicle would be inspected and the registration number would be provided
- The RC can be collected on the day and time specified by the officer.