The Regional Transport Office is shortly known as RTO. It is one of the government organizations that is entrusted with the duty of maintaining a database of the drivers as well as the vehicles that ply on road.The RTO Jharkhand is headed by the transport commissioner who ensures that the provisions in the motor vehicles act pertaining to the state are followed and adhered to strictly by the vehicle owners and road users.
Functions of RTO Jharkhand
Issuing driver’s licenses– This refers to the issue of learner’s license, and permanent licenses for two-wheelers and four-wheelers as well as for commercial vehicles after verification of the driving skills of the person applying for the license.
Conducting road test for issuing a driver’s license– The road test is conducted and then the license is issued to the applicant. The RTO Jharkhand is responsible for conducting the road test.
Issuing International driving license– The RTO Jharkhand is responsible for issuing an International license to the applicant from the state of Jharkhand based on his eligibility.
Issuing a duplicate driver’s license- They issue duplicate driving license to license holders who provide proof that their license has been stolen, lost or damaged.
Renewal of license- RTO Jharkhand is responsible for providing a renewed license on expiry of the old license
Registration of motor vehicles– The RTO Jharkhand issues the temporary as well as a permanent registration number for the vehicles and issues the RC or registration certificate for the same.
Adding a new class of vehicle to an existing driver’s license– The RTO would add a new class of vehicle to the already existing driver’s license on the application and after a road test for the same.
Transferring ownership– In case of selling a car to someone else the transfer of ownership has to be done by the RTO.
NOC’s- The RTO Jharkhand is responsible for issuing No objection certificates to the vehicle owners
Issue of fitness certificate– The fitness certificates are issued to personal and commercial vehicles by the RTO Jharkhand after inspection of the vehicle.
Tax collection– All the taxes related to the transport sector would be collected at the RT office.
Jharkhand RTO Codes
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
|Bokaro Steel City||JH-09||Jamtara||JH-21|
How to register vehicles in Jharkhand?
The steps involved in registering the vehicle in Jharkhand include
- Visiting the RTO Jharkhand that is closest to your area.
- You may obtain a form from the office or download an application form for the same
- You should get to know the registration fee for the vehicles. It would be different for two-wheelers, four-wheelers, and commercial vehicles. You may also get to know about it online
- The applications required include form 20,21,22,22A.
- Make sure you attach all the documents that are required for registration which include
- Form 20- filled by the applicant
- Form 21 –along with the sale certificate from the vehicle dealer
- Form 22- the roadworthiness certificate of the vehicle
- Copy of the motor insurance policy duly attested
- Address proof duly attested
- Form 34 signed by the owner of the vehicle as well as the financier in case the vehicle is purchased on loan
- Acknowledgment for the road tax paid
- Registration fee
- PAN card details or form 60/61 as applicable
- The motor vehicle dealer and manufacturer invoice.
- Application along with the documents and fee to be presented at the respective counter in the office
- Pencil tracing of the chassis number would be made in the RTO register against the registration number allotted for your vehicle.
- The authorities would inspect and provide the registration number of the vehicle
- You can then collect the RC on the day specified by the authorities.