License is mandatory for any person above the age of 18 years for riding a bike or driving a car and it is enforced by the law. Driving without a license is illegal and action can be taken upon the person for non-possession of license. The Transport Department of Bihar is operated under the rules of the act enforced by the government and RTO Bihar is a part of the department for regulating the law. RTO Bihar takes care of the rules enforced by the MV act by the safety of the riders and people around them. RTO Bihar also takes care of vehicle registration, collection of road tax, issuance of permits and fitness certificates for vehicles. The RTO’s primary function at Bihar comprises of vehicle enforcement too.
List of Cities with Transport Office Codes in Bihar
|RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE||RTO LOCATIONS||RTO CODE|
Functions of RTO Bihar:
- Registration of private vehicles
- Issuance of fitness certificates for vehicles which fall under the commercial category
- Collection of road taxes and new vehicle taxes
- Registration certificate renewal is also taken care of
- Ownership transfer is done by RTO Bihar
- A new address which needs to be updated can be done at RTO Bihar
- Duplicate RC is issued at the RTO Bihar
- Safety projects on road are implemented
- Control over pollution and its measures are initiated by RTO Bihar
- A permit is also issued for all kinds of vehicles
- License is issued, permanent, endorsement, new or duplicate, whatever be the case
- RC book is issued, purchase agreement termination and its endorsement
To register a vehicle in RTO Bihar, it consists of two steps, the permanent and the temporary one. The permanent as the name indicates has a validity of 15 years; whereas the temporary one is for a short period. Temporary registration is applied with the help of dealer on submission of documents and later gets approval from the RTO office, whereas the permanent registration is done by directly contacting the RTO office. The registration number is given on proper verification of documents by the RTO Bihar.
It is mandatory for any vehicle to possess a registration book for proper driving. Without the vehicle book, it is illegal by law to drive the vehicle and fine can be imposed on the driver for not possessing it. One can approach the RTO Bihar for getting a registration book for the vehicle and should be done immediately after the purchase within 7days.
Q: How to Register a Motor Vehicle in Bihar?
- The application form collected at the RTO office is filled and submitted along with the relevant documents
- The documents required for vehicle registration are Form 20-application form, Form 21-sales certificate, Form 22-Roadworthy certificate, insurance, passport size photos of the driver, invoice of the vehicle issued by vehicle dealer, Pan details and address proof of the driver
- Other documents which may be required are clearance certificate for vehicles imported, STA design and registration certificate taken temporarily
- The documents submitted will be verified by the concerned authority and vehicle is inspected later
- After verification, the registration number is issued by the concerned officer with the receipt
- The receipt can be used until he receives the original RC which will be sent later through courier to the respective address