Department of motor vehicles is playing the role of enforcing different acts. Every city, as well as state, have their own RTO and so there is RTO of Punjab too. Every RTO has to carry out the activities and functions which are related to motor vehicles according to the act of 1988, the motor vehicles act.
RTO Punjab is the organization of the government of Inia which is established for the maintenance of drivers’ database and vehicles registration database for different states of India. RTO is also known as regional transportation organization of vehicles where they need to offer reliable, fair and flexible assessment procedures to the candidate. Thus, some small fee is needed for the services of skill recognition.
The main focus of time recovery in RTO Punjab is the highest tolerable time length that a system, application, computer or network can be down after some failure or any disaster arises. Once the application of RTO Punjab has been declared, the administration can change or decide the recovery technologies which is suitable as per the condition.
Functions of RTO Punjab
The main function of RTO is to organize the vehicles number plates, registering the driver with driving license and sells the registrations. And with this, RTO also has the duty of inspecting the insurance of vehicles and testing of pollution.
The following functions and activities are done by RTO Punjab –
- Issuing driving license
- Registering the driving license
- Issue the learning license of a driver
- Issue the permanent driving license
- Renewing the license of a driver
- Registration of some work
- Vehicle’s temporary registration
- Renewal of registration certificate
- Vehicle’s permanent registration
- Duplicate certificate’s insurance registration
- Update the certificate of registration with changes
- Issue NOC with transferring the certificate of transfer
- Certificate of registration
- Issuing and renewing the permission of vehicles for commercial use
- Fees and taxes collection
- Certificate of vehicle registration
Punjab RTO Codes
Q: How to register a motor vehicle in Punjab?
For registration of a vehicle in RTO Punjab, then the following documents must be submitted with an application to the authority of registration. RTO Punjab is responsible for the registering of vehicles, but you need to have these following documents with you.
- Certificate of roadworthiness
- Certificate of PUC
- Certificate of sales
- Documents of insurance
- Certificate of custom clearance
- Address proof
RTO Punjab function according to the rules of ac which includes the procedures of vehicle registration in the state of Punjab. Any individual is not allowed for driving the vehicle without registration of a vehicle in RTO Punjab.
Contact Details of Punjab RTO
Phone number of State Transport Commissioner: 2702575/2771183