The RTO department is one of the vital units that is set up as per the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. The rules, regulations, and provisions that are laid down in the Act are applicable to all the states in India. However, there are also certain rules and regulations that the department has to enforce as per the guidelines of the state government of Madhya Pradesh with regard to road transport. The department headed by the commissioner of transports ensures that they function as per the guidelines of the Central Act as well as the State government regulations to ensure safety on roads. The Sagar RTO is one of the RTO’s in the state to have maximum number of registrations in a year in 2013-14. The RTO code is MP-15.
Functions of Sagar RTO
The functions that the RTO department carry out to ensure proper and safe road transport include
- Issue of learner’s license
- Conducting driving tests for issuing the license
- Issuing permanent license
- Registration of vehicles in that region
- Collection of one- time road tax
- Issuing permits for tourist and commercial vehicles
- Issuing Fitness certificate for public transport vehicles
- Issuing emission control certificates for pollution-free vehicles
And much more.
RTO Sagar Office Contact Details
RTO Code: MP-15
Address: SagarRTO, MPSRTC Depoty Tilli Road RTO Office, Sagar, Madhya pradesh
Phone: 07582-236280, 236285