The RTO Wadala was established according to the provisions laid down in section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988. The department is responsible for the collection of taxes, gran of permits registration of vehicles in the region and renewal of the licenses and permits in accordance with the rules and regulations laid down by the Motor vehicles Act that is applicable throughout India. Wadala is situated in the eastern side of Mumbai, Maharashtra and is headed by the commissioner of transports. They are vested with a number of regulatory and enforcement functions.
The services that RTO Wadala render
The services rendered by the RTO Wadala include
- Issue of learner’s and permanent licenses
- Issue of no objection certificate for transfer of vehicles
- Check post-inspection of commercial and other vehicles
- Granting permits for commercial and tourist vehicles
- Renewal of permits for tourist and commercial vehicles
- Collection of Road tax
- Collection of IMV fees
- Issue and renewal of radio cap license on application.
The Wadala RTO with code RTO-MH-O1 covers areas of Maharashtra which include Wadala west, Antop Hill, Wadala East, Wadala Rs.SO, Wadala S.O and Wadala Truck Terminal S.O.
RTO Wadala Office Contact Details
RTO Code: MH 01
Address: RTO Wadala, Old bodyguard lane, Tulsiwadi, Tardeo, Mumbai-400034
Phone: 022- 24036479/24036221
Email ID – email@example.com