Delhi is one of the busiest cities and most populated cities in India today, in the recent years, the traffic on roads has tripled and keeping track of the traffic violations has become nearly impossible for the traffic police. This is why a new system has been implemented to keep track of the traffic and control traffic issues.
The new system uses advanced systems like surveillance cameras and E-Challan system that keep track of the traffic on the roads and fines any driver who breaks the traffic rules. One of the best things about this system is that it requires comparatively less human labour. E-Challan system has several advantages and citizens have already started responding kindly to the system. One of the major benefits of E-Challan system employed by the Delhi government is that anyone can pay the fine online and this system is more transparent than traditional system.
Once you receive an E-Challan, you will have to pay the fine and there is no way you could bypass this system. Here are 2 ways to pay your traffic e-Challan online.
- Through Delhi traffic police website
- Using Tatpar App
E-Challan is commonly sent to the vehicle ownerâ€™s registered address and there are instances where the E-Challan might not reach the owner due to change of address. This does not mean that the owner of the car could simply neglect to pay the fine. This is why the government has designed a website that would allow any citizen to check for pending E-Challan. The same website can also allow any citizen to check the status of an E-Challan and make sure every fine has been paid.
How to check the status of traffic E-Challan in Delhi
As mentioned above, the website we mention below could be used to check the status of your traffic E-Challan, and also to check if the system has issued an E-Challan in your name, this could be done using your vehicle number.
- Step 1: Open your web browser, and visit https://eChallan.parivahan.gov.in/
- Step 2: Once you have clicked the above-mentioned link, you will land in the â€œE-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solutionâ€ website.
- Step 3: In this website, you will find a scrolling warning below the above-mentioned website name, and several option below it, including â€œCheck Challan Status, e-Challan Value Indicators, e-Challan Enabler, e-Challan Core Benefits, and What is e-Challan?â€, from these options click the â€œCheck Challan Statusâ€ option.
- Step 4: Now, you would be redirected to a new page, with heading â€œChallan Detailsâ€, below the heading you will find, 3 different options.
- Challan number
- Vehicle number
- DL number
- Step 5: From these options, to check the status of your e-Challan, click the â€œChallan Numberâ€ option and enter the Challan number below. If you want to find out if the system has issued a Challan for your vehicle, then click the â€œVehicle Numberâ€ option and enter your vehicle number below.
Once you have entered the requested details, enter the Captcha code as requested on the page and click the â€œGet Detailâ€ button. The details would be displayed on the screen.
How to pay traffic e-Challan online
Delhi traffic police website
- Step 1: Open your web browser or click on https://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/
- Step 2: Once you click the link, you will land on the â€œDelhi Traffic Policeâ€ website. In this website, you will find the options including, Home, About Us, Maps, etc. from these click the â€œNoticeâ€ option and you will get a drop box with 3 options, click the â€œPending Noticesâ€ option.
- Step 3: Now, you will land on a new page with heading â€œPending Noticesâ€ and two fill in boxes below, â€œVehicle Numberâ€ or â€œNotice Numberâ€. Enter your vehicle number or notice number and click the â€œSearch Detailsâ€ button.
- Step 4: If you have a pending e-Challan, then it will be displayed on the screen. Click the pending Challan and click â€œPay Nowâ€. On the next page, you will find â€œPayment ID, Amount, and Payment Gatewayâ€ fill-in boxes, the first two boxes will be automatically filled in, but, you will have to select the payment gateway and click the â€œContinueâ€ button below.
- Step 5: You will be redirected to the payment page, and in the payment page, you will have to select the appropriate payment option, if you are paying through your Credit or Debit card, click the â€œDebit/Credit Cardâ€ option, if it is an internet banking transaction, click the â€œInternet Bankingâ€ option.
- Step 6: Based on your selection, a payment page will appear and you will have to fill in the details and click â€œPay Nowâ€.
Once the payment is successfully completed, a new page with â€œNoticeâ€ heading will appear on the screen. This page will have all the details of your payment and Challan. If you want a physical copy of the Notice, click the â€œPrinterâ€ button near the receipt.
Through Tatpar App
- Step 1: Download the Tatpar Delhi police App or click here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tatpar.tatpardelhipolice&hl=en_IN to download it directly.
- Step 2: Once the installation is completed, open the app and you will be asked to enter your mobile number. Enter the number and complete the OTP verification process.
- Step 3: Upon successful completion of the above-mentioned verification. You will be able to access the App. In the home screen of the App, you will find several options, select the â€œTraffic Notice Paymentâ€ option.
- Step 4: Now, you will be redirected to another page and you will find an option â€œE-Challanâ€. Select this option.
- Step 5: On the next page where you land, you will find the option to search using â€œVehicle Numberâ€ or â€œNotice Numberâ€, enter any one info and the details of your traffic fine would be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Once you get the details of the fine, you should click the â€œContinueâ€ button. You will be redirected to a payment page.
- Step 7: On the payment page, enter the payment details and complete the payment.
Remember every time you pay a traffic e-Challan, it is important that you download the receipt or print the receipt of payment. The receipts could come handy in the future.