RTO Pune (MH-12) Maharashtra
The Regional transport Office RTO is a unit that is established to uphold the laws, rules, and regulations that have been put forth in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. The RTO’s are established as per the provisions in section 213 of the Act. The RTO Pune is headed by the transport commissioner of the state of Maharashtra and would also abide by the regulations laid down in the Maharashtra state vehicles regulations, 1989.
Services at regional transport office Pune
The services provided by the RTO Pune Include
- Issuing Learner’s license
- Issuing a permanent driver’s license
- Issuing International driving license
- Issuing Temporary and Permanent RC for vehicles belonging to that region
- Registering the transfer of ownership of the vehicles
- The entry of Hypothecation/ hire purchase or lease agreement related to vehicles
- Issue no objection certificate
- Collecting a one-time road tax.
- Renewal of license
- Inspection and issue of Fitness certificate for public transport vehicles.
Pune RTO Codes
|RTO Location||RTO Code|
|Pune (North)||MH 27|
|Baramati, Pune||MH 42|
Types of vehicle registration in Pune
The registration process is of two types
This refers to the registration that is offered for a limited period of time by the dealer of the vehicle. This registration is valid only for 7 days. This is just a basic registration that makes it legal for you to drive the vehicle. You have to get it registered permanently within a period of 7 days.
This refers to the actual registration of the vehicle at the concerned RTO within 7 days after you take delivery of the car from the showroom. The permanent registration would be valid for 15 years. It has to be renewed after that.
How to register the vehicle in Pune
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, it is not legal to drive an unregistered vehicle on the roads of Pune. Even if it is a vehicle that has been registered in some other state. It is important to get the registration done at RTO Pune. you can submit the application along with the documents required. this would be followed by an inspection. A new RC would be provided thereafter
Documents required for vehicle registration in Pune
Documents required include
- Form 20 – the application form
- Form 21- the sales certificate from the dealer
- Form 22A the roadworthiness certificate from the manufacturer
- Purchase invoice
- Form 60 with the PAN number
- Vehicle insurance
- Proof of address of the owner of the vehicle
- Custom bill in case of imported vehicle
- STA approval in case of trailers
- Manufacturer certificate in case of carriage
- Tax payment receipt if the vehicle has been bought in another state.
How to renew vehicle registration in Pune
The renewal of the RC can be done on completion of the 15 years time period for which the RC is given. It has to be done every 5 years thereafter. You can file an application along with the following documents
- Form no 25 filled and signed
- Original RC
- Valid insurance
- Re-registration fee
The renewal would be finalized after inspection of the vehicle.
How to update address on RC in Pune
The procedure involved in updating your residential address in case you have relocated includes submission of application with the following documents. They are
- Form no 33- filled and signed
- RC original
- Valid insurance
- Proof of address
- Applicable fee
How to know the Vehicle Owner details of Pune, Maharashtra?
Here you can find the owner’s name, contact number and here are some simple steps you need to follow.
Steps to find Owner’s name, Engine Number, and Other Detailed information about any vehicle in MH
Here are the steps that one needs to follow to get all the information related to the vehicle such as engine number, the name of the owner, chassis number and many more. So, let us get started –
- Get to this website – https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/
- Once you have loaded the website, enter the state code, RTO code, and the alphabets in registration number’s first box. For instance, MH-12XX
- In the second text box, you need to add the numeric value from the registration number.
- Now, read the verification code from the image and fill it in the box to check the status.
What information would you get from Registration Certificate Status?
- Full Registration Number: MH-12XX Pune
- Chassis and Engine Number
- MH-12Owner’s Name
- Vehicle Class, Fuel Type, Make / Model Name, Fitness details of MH12
- Insurance Details of MH12.
Contact details of Pune RTO office
Pune- Sangam Bridge RTO
Address: 38, DR. Ambedkar Road, Near Sangam Bridge, Pune 411001
Phone: +91 20 26058080
Pune- Alandi Road RTO
Address: S.No. 120/A-2 Alandi Road, Yerawada, Pune 411006