RTO Mumbai Central (MH 01)
The regional transport office is a department that is established to enforce the laws and provisions laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act that is applicable to all the states in India. The RTO Mumbai central is a department that is established by the Maharashtra state government to ensure that the rules and provisions laid down by the Motor vehicles Act of 1988 as per the provisions mentioned in section 213(1) of the motor vehicles Act. They are vested with various functions and activities to ensure safe road transport under the departmental head who is the transport commissioner.
Services provided by RTO Mumbai Central
The services that have to be rendered to ensure that the rules and provisions that have to be followed according to the motor vehicle Act include
- Issue of learner’s license
- Issue of permanent license
- Conducting driving tests for those who have applied for a license
- Renewal of license
- Granting FC or fitness certificate for vehicles plying on road in that region
- Inspection of vehicles that are involved in an accident
- Issuing of badges to drivers who drive public service vehicles, autos and taxis
- Registration and maintaining the register of vehicles in that region.
- Issuing license for freight and public transport.
And much more.
RTO Mumbai Central Office Contact Details
RTO Code: MH-01
Address: RTO Mumbai central, Old bodyguard lane, Tulsiwadi, Tardeo, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400034.
Phone- 24944600/24932337/ 24944601/24944602
E-mail Id: MH01@mahatranscom.in