The state transport system of the Rewa region is handled by RTO. This is a department that is established as per the provisions laid down by the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. It is vested with the responsibility of collection of taxes and taking care of the measures put forward in the ACT to ensure road safety. It is mandatory to register a vehicle before it can be used. The registration of the same is also done at the RTO. The departmental head is the transport commissioner. The Rewa RTO code is MP-17.
Functions of Rewa RTO
The functions of Rewa RTO include
- Registration of vehicles and issue of RC.
- Issue of licenses- learner’s and permanent
- Conducting tests for issuing driving license
- Issuing permits /national permits to tourist and commercial vehicles
- Collection of tax
- Collection of penalties when the rules are flaunted
- Accepting Dealer point registration application
- Issuing no objection certificate or NOC to facilitate the inter-state transfer of vehicles
- Issuing fitness certificate or FC
- Accepting fees that are required for applying for license, driving test, transfer of RC as well as change in address
RTO Wadala Office Contact Details
RTO Code: MP-17
Address: Rewa RTO, MPSRTC Depot, NH-7, Allahabad Road, Madhya Pradesh- 486001