RTO Ahmedabad (GJ-1), Gujarat
The Regional Transport office in Gujarat was established on the basis of section 213 of the Motor Vehicles Act to ensure safe and organized growth of road transport. The RTO headed by the Commissioner of transports would ensure that the laws, rules, and provisions that have been laid down in the Act are adhered to by the public.
|State Transport Code
|RTO / Registration Office
With all that, you can even get all the information related to any GJ number such as GJ-1 because our RTO database is spread out vast and you will always get the best results.
If you are looking out to know the name and all the information related to any vehicle registered with GJ-1 then here is the address where you can get all things done.
Functions of RTO Offices in Ahmedabad
The RTO offices in Ahmedabad are mandated to perform as an enforcer of the Motor Vehicles (MV) Act in the city of Ahmedabad. Their primary function is to make sure that the laws regarding vehicle registration, collection of road tax, driving license issuance are properly followed. They are entrusted with the right to levy penalty when any person breaks the laws in the city. Here is a list of functions performed by RTO offices in Ahmedabad:
- To review the application and issue driving license
- To renew a driving license in Ahmedabad
- Collect road taxes and fees on behalf of the Government
- To issue registration services, NOC, transport permits, and more
- To facilitate users with offline and online driving license applications via a government portal, i.e. Sarathi Portal.
- To ensure that any license of the vehicle be in line with the mandate of the laws
- To function as the provider of 31 various kinds of licenses and permits based on application as deemed fit.
- Temporary and permanent registration of the vehicles
- Conducting a driving test for those who apply for a driverâ€™s license
- Transfer of ownership of vehicles
- Issue of duplicate license in case of theft, damage or loss after verification
- Granting permits to tour and commercial vehicles.
- Granting special permits
Types of Driving Licence issued inÂ RTOÂ Ahmedabad
There are different types of driving licenses awarded to the applicants based on their vehicle preferences. We here list the different types of driving license issued in RTO Ahmedabad down below:
- Motorcycle with 50-cc engine capacity or below: Any applicant looking for the issuance of this driving license needs to be 16 years or above to be eligible. He/she should provide the required documents and the parent’s or guardianâ€™s consent with the application form.
Any other driving license apart from the aforementioned requires the applicant to be 18 years or above. Here are the other driving licenses issued by the RTO in Ahmedabad:
- Two-wheelers with no gears: This license is also known as the MCWOG referring to Motor Cycle Without Gear and is valid for riding two-wheelers with no gears like scooters. The engine capacity is not bound to this license, hence a person with this driving license can ride any two-wheeler without gears without needing to quantify the engine capacity,
- Two-wheeler (Gear-based): RTO Ahmedabad provides this license, also known as MCWG referring to Motor Cycle With Gear to riders who want to ride any gear based scooters and bikes. Like the license mentioned above, this also does not bound the rider to any engine capacity.
- Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) License: LMV license is issued to drivers who are looking to drive three-wheelers, cars, jeeps, vans, and more. An auto-rickshaw or cab driver can use a personal LMV license to operate their vehicles as this license fulfills the mandate for cab and auto-rickshaw driving. This ensures no need for any other commercial license for driving their vehicle.
- Medium/ Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle License: This license is required if a person wants to drive commercial vehicles like medium/heavy-duty carrier or passenger vehicles. The driver with this license can drive buses, trailers, trucks,
Types of Vehicle registration in Ahmedabad
The vehicle registration types in Ahmedabad include
This registration refers to the registration of the vehicle that is done by the dealer to make it legal for you to drive the vehicle on road. It is valid only for 7 days. You have o get the permanent registration done within that period.
This his the actual registration process that is done at thee RTOO Ahmedabad after inspection and having produced all the documents that are essential for the same. This would make the registration complete and you would be receiving the registration certificate.
How to register a vehicle in Ahmedabad
It is mandatory to register all vehicles in Ahmedabad. The re-registration process is a must if the car has been bought in a different state.Â The steps involved in registration include
- Downloading or getting the forms 21,22 and 34 from the website or the RTO at Ahmedabad. Fill it up and sign it.
- Attach all the required documents and submit them along with the application and registration fee.
- The processing time could be about 23-3 days. After the process the vehicle number would be provided by the RTO. The Registration Certificate would also be issued.
Documents required for vehicle registration in Ahmedabad
Documents that you would have to submit along with the application for registration are
- Form 20 â€“ this is the application
- Identity proofÂ – it could be PAN card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, Passport, Driving License, etc which carries your photo
- Address proof-Â this again includes the above-mentioned documents or utility bill, passbook of a nationalized bank, etc.
- Sales tax clearance certificate, NOC from RTO and dealer and valid insurance in cases where vehicle is bought in another state and used in Ahmedabad
How to renew vehicle registration in Ahmedabad
The steps to follow include
- Application using form 25 online or in person.
- Attach the documents that are required which includesÂ tax and emission certificates and valid insurance
- Get the inspection date and time
- Produce the vehicle for inspection
- Get the renewed RC.
The same applies for re-registration of vehicles as well.
How to update address on RC in Ahmedabad
You can update address in the RC in case of relocation. The steps to follow include
- Submit filled and signed form number 33
- Attach essential documents for address proof
- Also attach form 23 if the new address falls in a new jurisdiction. Obtain NOC from the old RTO.
You will receive the new RC following the processing time.
How to know the Vehicle Owner details of Ahmedabad, Gujarat?
Here you can find the owner’s name, contact number and here are some simple steps you need to follow.
Steps to find Owner’s name, Engine Number, and Other Detailed information about any vehicle in GJ
Here are the steps that one needs to follow to get all the information related to the vehicle such as engine number, the name of the owner, chassis number and many more. So, let us get started.
- Get to this website – https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/
- Once you have loaded the website, enter the state code, RTO code, and the alphabets in registration number’s first box. For instance, GJ-1 XX
- In the second text box, you need to add the numeric value from the registration number.
- Now, read the verification code from the image and fill it in the box to check the status.
What information would you get from Registration Certificate Status?
- Full Registration Number: GJ-1 XX Ahmedabad
- Chassis and Engine Number
- GJ-1 Owner’s Name
- Vehicle Class, Fuel Type, Make / Model Name, Fitness details of GJ-1
- Insurance Details of GJ-1.
Contact Details of Ahmedabad RTO Office
RTO Code: GJ1
Address: Ahmedabad RTO,Â Subash Bridge Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Phone: 079 2755 9696