RTO Andheri Mumbai
The RTO Andheri west or regional transport office in Maharashtra. It is a department that is headed by the commissioner of transports of the state.Â It is established in accordance with section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.Â Â The RTO Andheri West offers various services and performs aÂ number of activities that ensures that the road safety measures and regulations are adhered to as put forth by the Indian Motor Vehicles Act and followed by the State government of Maharashtra.
FunctionsÂ ofÂ RTOÂ OfficesÂ inÂ Mumbai Andheri
The RTO offices in Mumbai Andheri are mandated to perform as an enforcer of the Motor Vehicles (MV) Act in the city of Mumbai Andheri. Their primary function is to make sure that the laws regarding vehicle registration, collection of road tax, driving license issuance are properly followed. They are entrusted with the right to levy penalty when any person breaks the laws in the city. Here is a list of functions performed by RTO offices in Mumbai Andheri:
- To review the application and issue driving license
- To renew a driving license in Mumbai Andheri
- Collect road taxes and fees on behalf of the Government
- To issue registration services, NOC, transport permits, and more
- To facilitate users with offline and online driving license applications via a government portal, i.e. Sarathi Portal.
- To ensure that any license of the vehicle be in line with the mandate of the laws
- To function as the provider of 31 various kinds of licenses and permits based on application as deemed fit.
- Temporary and permanent registration of the vehicles
- Conducting a driving test for those who apply for a driverâ€™s license
- Transfer of ownership of vehicles
- Issue of duplicate license in case of theft, damage or loss after verification
- Granting permits to tour and commercial vehicles.
- Granting special permits
Types of Driving Licence issued inÂ RTOÂ Mumbai Andheri
There are different types of driving licenses awarded to the applicants based on their vehicle preferences. We here list the different types of driving license issued in RTO Mumbai Andheri down below:
- Motorcycle with 50-cc engine capacity or below: Any applicant looking for the issuance of this driving license needs to be 16 years or above to be eligible. He/she should provide the required documents and the parent’s or guardianâ€™s consent with the application form.
Any other driving license apart from the aforementioned requires the applicant to be 18 years or above. Here are the other driving licenses issued by the RTO in Mumbai Andheri:
- Two-wheelers with no gears: This license is also known as the MCWOG referring to Motor Cycle Without Gear and is valid for riding two-wheelers with no gears like scooters. The engine capacity is not bound to this license, hence a person with this driving license can ride any two-wheeler without gears without needing to quantify the engine capacity,
- Two-wheeler (Gear-based): RTO Mumbai Andheri provides this license, also known as MCWG referring to Motor Cycle With Gear to riders who want to ride any gear based scooters and bikes. Like the license mentioned above, this also does not bound the rider to any engine capacity.
- Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) License: LMV license is issued to drivers who are looking to drive three-wheelers, cars, jeeps, vans, and more. An auto-rickshaw or cab driver can use a personal LMV license to operate their vehicles as this license fulfills the mandate for cab and auto-rickshaw driving. This ensures no need for any other commercial license for driving their vehicle.
- Medium/ Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle License: This license is required if a person wants to drive commercial vehicles like medium/heavy-duty carrier or passenger vehicles. The driver with this license can drive buses, trailers, trucks, and more.Â
Types of Vehicle Registration inÂ RTOÂ Mumbai Andheri
There are two different types of registration of vehicles mandated under the Motor Vehicles (MV) Act and RTO Mumbai Andheri ensures that these are provided via their offices. You can find more details about these two types of registration down below:
This license as the name suggests is a temporary based registration. You can get a temporary registration when you buy a new vehicle from any dealer. This temporary registration is valid for 7 days starting from the vehicle delivery date and can be extended up to 1 month. This is done so that the owner of the new vehicle can find a permanent vehicle registration within this period.
Permanent registration of a vehicle is of utmost necessary to run a vehicle in the city of Mumbai Andheri. In absence of such, law mandates that the owner of the vehicle is liable to pay a penalty. The vehicle owner needs to submit the required documents like ownership of the vehicle, insurance certificate, pollution control check along with the application to the RTO office. The RTO Mumbai Andheri office will then review and issue a permanent vehicle registration to the owner of the vehicle.
RTO Andheri West Contact details
Address: RTO Andheri West, Ambivali village, New Manish Nagar, Versova Road, Mumbai- 400053
Phone: +91- 22-26366957/26362252
Office Timings:Â 10:00AMâ€“5:00PM