The RTO was established in Indore to implement and enforce the provisions laid down in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. It was established as per the provisions 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act.The RTO headed by the commissioner of transports is entrusted with the job of organizing and developing the transportation as well as ensuring safety on the roads. The RTO code for Indore is MP-09.
Services rendered by Indore RTO
The services that Indore RTO renders in order to ensure safe and regulated growth and development of road transportation include
- Providing learner’s license
- Providing permanent license after conducting the driving tests
- Renewing license and providing duplicate license
- Ensuring road safety rules are enforced
- Ensuring that the vehicles are tested and certified for being pollution-free
- Issuing badges for public transport drivers
- Certifying vehicles for fitness and providing FC or fitness certificate.
- Issuing registration certificate
- Updating the RC in case of transfer of ownership of the vehicle
- Providing duplicate license and registration certificate if it is needed in case of loss, theft or damage after providing proof for the same.
- Providing permits for tourist vehicles, carrier services as well as commercial transportation vehicles.
RTO Indore Office Contact Details
RTO Code: MP-09
Address: RTO Indore, Indore Lal Baugh, Indore.